Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Marine Hymn (as "amended" by H. Clinton)

09/19/2012 -- Ronald Reagan once famously said, way back in 1985:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Apparently Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama (who appointed her) had disagreed. Maybe, just maybe however, those two are just now beginning to see exactly where they went wrong! And for them, it was a little too late, and for others tragic.

Let me explain:


We all recall by heart the stirring first stanza of the Marine Hymn, the second line of which has now apparently been recommended for amendment and modification by the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, as follows:


"From the Halls of Montezuma,

To
the shores of Tripoli a naval ship off of Gibraltar, and ONLY to be deployed to any place in Libya as a FAST team response to the murder of our Ambassador to Libya, a key foreign service officer, and two security personnel all being "protected" by locals working for a British security firm operating under strict State Department "rules of engagement," such as no bullets allowed;
. . . .

It really doesn't track quite as well as the original, now does it?  Why, just in terms of basic euphony, it really grates!  


Everybody with any sense much prefers the original!

Though I've taken a little literary license to make my point -- and I obviously mean no disrespect -- it was the sad but unbelievable truth about what happened in Libya last week.  

When our Consulate in Benghazi was overrun in a terrorist attack, resulting in the murder of our Libyan Ambassador, Chris Stevens, a Foreign Service information officer named Sean Smith, and two private security personnel named Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, there were NO MARINES providing any form of security anywhere in Libya, including in our Embassy in Tripoli!

Here also was a key portion of a statement made by a Marine Corps spokesperson, Captain Kendra Motz, when she was asked last week whether there were any Marines anywhere in Libya at the time of the violent attack on our Consulate in Benghazi:

"The Marine Corps does not have any Marines stationed at diplomatic installations in Libya."
No Marines -- not in Benghazi, and not in Tripoli either, where the main Embassy is. 

And then there was this . . . moments before the attack, the foreign service information officer who was inside sent an ominous note to "on-line gamer" friends that one of their local "security guards" was seen outside taking photos of the Consulate building!

So, what are we to make of all this? 

The fact is that a fabian socialist is currently serving as President, a man with whispering tendencies to a few foreign heads of state about what he'll be able to do after the election this November, e.g., first here to his pal Dmitri Mdevedev (as a message for Putin) while the President was in South Korea  and then much more recently speculated on here, as a possible State Department message for Morsi -- on the possible release of the "Blind Sheik" after the election!

The fact also is that the Secretary of State is a long-time Democrat power aggregator, obviously without a lick of common sense when it comes to responding to threats aimed at our Embassies from terrorists. 
Hillary Clinton was in charge of security for our Embassy in Tripoli and the Consulate in Benghazi. 


And she said "no Marines" in either place!

She curiously seemed to believe instead that condemning bad movie clips and profusely apologizing to mobs who were breaching the walls of our Embassy in Cairo via a statement posted on the Embassy website was the way to go, because the "feelings" of the mob had been hurt.  


She now denies she had anything to do with the posting of that apology message, but who can believe the risible story they tell -- that senior public affairs official, Larry Schwartz, wrote and posted that statement on the Embassy website all on his own, and against direct orders?

It is most implausible because Schwartz not only incurred no consequences for his "actions," but was subsequently and very quickly "forgiven" by the President, right on national television!

President Obama commented on the controversy in an interview to be aired Wednesday evening on 60 Minutes.

"In an effort to cool the situation down, it didn't come from me, it didn't come from Secretary Clinton. It came from people on the ground who are potentially in danger," Obama said. "And my tendency is to cut folks a little bit of slack when they're in that circumstance, rather than try to question their judgment from the comfort of a campaign office."
Oh, come on! Who would believe such a lame cover story?  They posted the statement and it blew up in their faces when Mitt Romney criticized them for it.  So they concocted an utterly unbelievable lie to hide the truth, and it's slowly disintegrating.  

The whopper Susan Rice told on the talk shows last weekend -- that it was all about the Mohammed film and nothing more -- is slowly coming apart at the seams.

Couldn't happen to a less worthy bunch! 

UPDATE:   The Obama Administration story, as told by Susan Rice on the Sunday talk shows -- that the attack in Benghazi was "spontaneous," is now it tatters. 

According to a report from Foreign Policy, an Obama administration official has admitted in congressional testimony that the attack on the Benghazi Consulate was a terrorist act

And further, Fox News is reporting that anti-terrorism sources have identified Sufyan Ben Qumu, a former GITMO detainee as having been involved in the attack, and possibly of having actually led the operation.

And, more from Reuters here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home